February 19, 2009

Guarding the door


Some people have lion guards. That is what I thought about when I saw this sight below:

chihuahuas guarding the door, La Ceiba, Honduras
La Gringa has lazy chihuahuas guarding her door. Not nearly so impressive, huh? It was even less so before they noticed me with the camera. Previously, they were both sound asleep, laying on their backs with their legs spread-eagled. ;-D


Just to hopefully keep me out of trouble for using the photo, the 6 bedroom, 6 1/2 bath Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, house in the top photo is for sale and can be yours for a paltry $2.9 million.

And, just to bring this back to cultural differences, I've been in Honduras long enough that it was amazing to me to see a $2.9 million dollar house with no bars on the windows, no armed guards out front, and the property and pool completely open to the waterfront. Honduran readers, in your wildest dreams, can you imagine that?
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...