February 16, 2008

Sleep masks - a good thing

La Gringa's sleep masksSleep masks by La Gringa

Hey, look what I've been making lately! Don't you love them?

If you had asked me a few years ago about sleep masks, I would have said that they are for movie stars. However, until you've been in the tropics, you can not imagine how bright that sun is starting at 5 or 6 a.m. The problem is compounded by the lack of curtains in our house (I'm STILL looking for fabric).

My brother-in-law gave me a sleep mask a long time ago and it was great. It was good for another two hours of sleep in the morning. When the elastic wore out, I looked at it and thought, "I can do that." I've made a new one for me, a purple one for El Jefe, and the blue ones above are for a friend.

I'm thinking about getting fancier with ruffles and stuff. Maybe I'll go into business. El Jefe wanted some eyeball appliqués on his but I told him it would freak me out if I woke up and looked at him.

Oh, the clerk at the store where I buy the black fabric was telling another customer what la gringa was making. She didn't believe it and had to ask me directly. You should have seen the look. We gringas are a really strange bunch.


Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...