September 9, 2007

Big excitement in La Ceiba

Quiznos, La Ceiba, HondurasQuiznos, La Ceiba, Honduras


No, not the hurricane.

Quiznos opened!


Having never been to Quiznos in my life, I was pretty excited about the new grand opening. We didn't make it there until a week later, but we've had Quiznos three times since.

Quiznos, La Ceiba, HondurasI was even more excited to see Chop Salads − I like to live dangerously. And then they have bread bowls and soups and desserts and everything! Does Quiznos in the U.S. have Tres Leches for dessert? This place evens lets me have mustard on my sandwich unlike the hamburger joints who insist that all hamburgers must come with mayonnaise and charge me extra to leave off the ketchup, mayo, and onions.

Quiznos, La Ceiba, HondurasThe restaurant was still crowded even though it must have been near 2:00 p.m. on a Thursday afternoon. The regulation lunch hour in La Ceiba is 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. There is even a loud Dole horn which you can hear all over town that announces lunch and then announces when it is over. It sounds a little like an air raid warning, lunchtime is that important. It used to be that all the stores and banks even closed during lunch but that is slowly changing.

Quiznos, La Ceiba, HondurasI was really impressed with the pepper bar. I love those salad peppers. Free food sitting out where anyone can take as much as they want. That is rare in La Ceiba. I have an idea that they will close this up before long. No doubt some people will fill up plastic bags of the stuff to take home and ruin it for everyone.


Quiznos, La Ceiba, HondurasI predict that Quiznos is going to stay a big hit − as long as they keep up the quality of their food and don't start skimping on the portions. I'm sure it will be a hit with the expatriates and tourists who may get tired of those big, heavy, hot lunches every day. Sometimes you just want something fast, cold, and that isn't fried. I rarely make sandwiches here because the ham and lunch meat is, well, scary. Funky tastes and mushy textures.

Do you like Quiznos or is it just that I have been deprived for so long? I've been saying for a long time that La Ceiba needed a place to get fresh sandwiches. Now we have one.

Who knows? Maybe Home Depot will be next.

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...