December 5, 2006

Day 3: Maid situation


No maid!

Here's a blow by blow:


Friday, Day 1:
Although she didn't start the first day until about 10:00 a.m., around 1:30 p.m., she asked if she could leave early. I won't say I was pleased (thinking it was a sign of things to come), but I said that I understand that the first day is always the hardest, so I said she could leave at 4:00 p.m., an hour early. When I asked her to clean the shower, she said it would have to wait until Monday as she can't get her feet wet after 3:00 p.m. At 3:40 p.m., she came to me with her purse in her hand to say goodbye.

Saturday:
Almost all Honduran maids work at least a half day on Saturdays. When I hired her I told her she could have Saturdays off for the same salary.

Monday, Day 2:
She arrived 15 minutes late. She complained about what we were having for lunch (baleadas − tortillas with beans, eggs, and cheese). At 1 p.m., she asked if she could have one of the sausages that she had found in the freezer. At 2:00 p.m., she asked if she could leave early.

Tuesday, Day 3:
No show!


Saga continued on Day 4.
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...