September 28, 2006

La Gringa meets Bound for Ceiba


Somehow when I started this blog I thought I could be anonymous. Mysterious and anonymous. I liked that idea. It made me feel a little more free to say whatever I wanted to say. I could be anyone I wanted to be. I could be tall and thin and beautiful. Maybe even a blonde. Yeah, uh, that's right. I'm a tall, thin, blonde for anyone who was wondering. Ummm, probably about 25 years old. Yeah, 25, that's right. See? That's my picture above.

Who is going to know the difference when I'm way down here in Central America and most of my readers are way up there in the USA, Canada, and Europe?

Well, it was not to be. People actually come to La Ceiba from other countries. Why didn't I think of that? So far my future visitor list includes a Canadian couple, a French couple, and another American couple.

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting Bound for Ceiba from The Southern Leap. Gosh, she is who I wanted to be: tall, thin, blonde, and beautiful. She was here checking out properties for a business she plans to open.

We got together for coffee one afternoon during her short trip. We went to a little sidewalk cafe that was open for lunch. When they closed at 2 p.m., they cleared the table of everything and hinted strongly that we should leave but we just kept talking. (Sometimes there is an advantage to not speaking Spanish very well − I can play dumb. Besides, we were hardly going to steal the chairs; they weighed 75 lbs. each.) She's a great person and I really enjoyed our 3-hour chat. She even brought me some real, honest-to-goodness chocolate chips! How nice is that!

Next month the French couple is coming down. We're going to go out to dinner. It is such a small world!

But don't worry, this is my blog and I'm still going to say whatever I want to say! I just won't be able to be a blonde anymore − that picture is really Bound for Ceiba. Isn't she gorgeous? Sorry for the fib. ;-)
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...